-1/2 cup whole wheat flour -1/2 cup old fashioned oats -1/2 cup splenda -1/4 cup brown sugar -2 scoops protein powder [optional] -1 tbsp chia seeds -2 tbsp flax seeds -1/2 cup greek yogurt -2 eggs -4 to 5 very ripe & mushy bananas -1 tbsp baking powder -1 tbsp cinnamon -1 tbsp vanilla extract -1/2 to 1 cup chocolate chips [depends on how chocolatey you want it! :)] -1/4 cup pecans/almonds/nuts
1. Preheat oven to 350F 2. Mix all the goodies into one big bowl [there will be a lot of "powder" just keep stirring and eventually everything will be mixed in] 3. Add in the chocolate chips/nuts/raisins 4. Spray a bread pan with pam 5. Pour in the batter 6. Add another sliced banana/chocolate chips/cinnamon on top [optional] 7. Bake for 45-55 minutes 8. DEVOUR
Butternut Squash Soup *CROCK POT*
- 1 butternut squash - 4 celery stalks - 4 carrots - 1 onion - 1 can tomatoes - 1 can tomato paste - 1 box organic veggie/chicken broth optional: - 1 can black beans - 1 can corn - green onions
1. To start, I cut the ends off the butternut squash, like a half inch each side and cut it in half. Remove the seeds and throw that sh*t out.
2. Roast the squash at 350º F for about an hour. I like to drizzle olive oil and sprinkle with salt & pepper on top.
3. Meanwhile, cut up celery, carrots, and onion and put into the crock pot with the full box of broth.
4. Turn on crock pot: HIGH for 3-4 hours and LOW for 4-5 hours. Add the can of tomatoes and tomato paste. Cover.
5. Once the butternut squash is squishy, (I usually use a fork to tell if it's done) remove from oven and let cool.
6. I start to cube the squash to get the skin off easier. Peel as much skin off as you can, but no worries if there is some on the squash.
7. Add the cubes to the crock pot. Let the crock pot do its thang for another hour or so until carrots and onions are cooked.
8. Last but not least, I take my handy-dandy KitchenAid Hand Mixer to blend all the goods together in the crock pot. I'm not sure if its good to literally blend inside the crock pot, but whatever. After that I add salt, pepper, spices to taste and blend again. You can blend that sucker as long as you want and it really depends on how chunky/creamy you want your soup to be. I usually have it medium consistency with a few carrots popping up here and there.
9. Ry guy doesn't like and chunks so after that we are done with the soup! I like mine with something to bite and chew so I put in black beans and corn on mine along with some green scallions and A LOT of crushed red pepper :D It's also good with sriracha and feta cheese sprinkled in!
*Customize how ever you like and ENJOY! So good and comforting on a cold weekend!
What are your go-to crock pot soups?
Copycat Chipotle Turkey & Riced Cauliflower Bowl
Ok so I could eat this every. single. day. Especially when Trader Joe's already has the cauliflower RICED FOR YOU.
-Cauliflower for ricing (put that junx in a blender/food processor) OR buy pre-made riced cauliflower if you ain't got time for dat
1. Cook ground turkey on stop top with half an onion and whole bag of taco seasoning until done (when oil starts to show, it is almost done)
2. Add cans of black beans and corn for about a minute or two, just to warm them
3. Microwave riced cauliflower for 1-2 minutes to soften and warm up a little
4. Add desired amount of turkey/bean/corn mixture on top of cauliflower
5. Throw in those FIXINS' :) As you see in the pic, I LOVE avocado, fresh tomatoes from our little garden, fresh jalapenos, and lots & lots of salsa and SRIRACHA.
Kale, Lentil & White Bean Soup *CROCK POT*
-LOTS of kale (filled up like half of the crock pot) -1/2 cup uncooked lentils -1 can white northern beans / cannellini beans -1 can crushed tomatoes with chilies -5 cups veggie broth + water at the end -1/2 chopped onion -1 cup chopped carrots -garlic, pepper, dried herbs, crushed red pepper, etc...
Put the kale in first, followed by the uncooked lentils, everything else and finally the veggie broth and water at the end filled until you can see liquid at the top.
(I use really precise measurements and cooking language I know)
I literally never measure anything so this is all a ball-park. It will still be delicious though :) and SO easy!!
-Preheat oven to 350F -Remove skin and place salmon in foil in a baking dish -Smear on pesto and top with halved tomatoes -Wrap up foil together at the top (like a basket) -Bake for 35-40 minutes until salmon is pink and flaky
-Cook orzo according to package (desired serving size) - I used about 1 cup orzo -Drain and let cool completely -Add chopped broccoli, peppers, onions, and tomatoes -Add Italian dressing to desired taste - I used about 1/4 cup dressing -Mix well -Store in refrigerator and enjoy cold!
-Cook spaghetti squash - I always just microwave that sucker for 8-10 minutes depending on size, let cool, cut in half, scoop out seeds and guts, and put in 1-2 more minutes if it needs more time -While squash is cooking, heat skillet to high heat and add olive oil and garlic for about 1 minute -Add sliced zucchini, yellow squash, and onion to skillet and cook on medium for about 10 minutes - Make sure you are flipping the squash so the ones on the bottom don't burn -Add spices/herbs/whateva -Once these are softened add cooked spaghetti squash and shrimp and cook for about 5 more minutes -Heat some pasta sauce and add to your bowl!
I sprinkled some red pepper flakes, parmesan cheese, and sriracha in my bowl... YUM! Seriosuly so filling and low carb!! Anything spicy = get in my belly.
Quinoa for Breakfast!
Yes, you heard it.. Quinoa for breakfast!
-1 cup uncooked quinoa -4 cups milk (anything but regular milk: I used vanilla almond milk) -1/2 cup brown sugar 1/4 cup raisins or craisins - depending on how much of them you want
And that's it! I added more though - totally optional
-1/4 cup chopped pecans -sprinkle of cinnamon -sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice -4 tablespoons apple butter
1. Place quinoa and milk in pot and bring to boil
2. Reduce heat and simmer for about 25 minutes - I have yet to cook quinoa without the pot boiling over so make sure you keep an eye on it
3. With low heat, add brown sugar, crasins, pecans, and spices
4. Stir and enjoy! So good to switch up your morning oatmeal for a chilly morning!
Top 5 QUICK and Yummy Snacks
*Raise your hand if you're a serial snacker* Myself included. I've been trying to cut back on random snacking and focus on quality, protein packed snacks! Also found the cutest portion control dishes which help A LOT with mindless snacking. Here are some of my current favorites that are so easy and fast to make (necessary):
1. Avocado toast with hard boiled egg
2. Sargento cheese stick & organic turkey breast
3. Apple & natural peanut butter
4. Carrots & celery with hummus or 100 cal wholly guacamole pack
5. Rice cake with laughing cow spreadable cheese & almonds